Thursday, December 1, 2011

Force India picks Chilton for young driver test


Young British driver Max Chilton will test for Sahara Force India at the upcoming young driver test in Abu Dhabi from 15 to 17 November.
The 20-year-old Briton, fresh from his second season in GP2, had already completed a straight-line aerodynamic test with Sahara Force India in September.
.
'I can't wait to get back in the car in Abu Dhabi. I've spent time with the team already so I've got a feel for the way they work and I hope I can get up to speed quickly. Abu Dhabi is a track I've raced at a few times in GP2 so that will help. It’s a big opportunity for me and I just want to enjoy the experience and take in as much as I can,' Chilton said.
Vijay Mallya, Team Principal said, 'The young driver test is a great initiative allowing all the teams to evaluate young talent. It gives the drivers a chance to learn more about how a Formula 1 team operates away from the pressures of a race weekend and get valuable experience under their belt. I will keep a close eye on the progress of the test next week.'